Anti-environmentalist conservatives have found a new way of expressing their opposition to President Obama's climate change initiatives: adding a device and smokestacks to their trucks so that they spew out as much black exhaust as possible. Called "coal rolling," it's a way of giving liberals "the finger," said one Wisconsin smokestack seller. "You want clean air and a tiny carbon footprint? Well, screw you."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- America is building a Sunni army in Iraq to take on the Islamic State
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week