Anti-environmentalist conservatives have found a new way of expressing their opposition to President Obama's climate change initiatives: adding a device and smokestacks to their trucks so that they spew out as much black exhaust as possible. Called "coal rolling," it's a way of giving liberals "the finger," said one Wisconsin smokestack seller. "You want clean air and a tiny carbon footprint? Well, screw you."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
Subscribe to the Week