The Float may look like just a fun new way to bob around in the water, says Bless This Stuff. But it may have healing powers, too. Developed in Iceland, a country rich in bathing traditions, the full Float ensemble ($135) pairs a neoprene floating cap with two float straps that attach to your upper legs. The creators claim that the near-weightless state induced by the product amplifies the health benefits of floating: reducing stress; aiding in recovery from injuries; increasing mental clarity; and reducing the effects of insomnia, anxiety, and depression. "Go ahead, enjoy a blissful silence."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 10 things you need to know today: November 26, 2014
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week