The Float may look like just a fun new way to bob around in the water, says Bless This Stuff. But it may have healing powers, too. Developed in Iceland, a country rich in bathing traditions, the full Float ensemble ($135) pairs a neoprene floating cap with two float straps that attach to your upper legs. The creators claim that the near-weightless state induced by the product amplifies the health benefits of floating: reducing stress; aiding in recovery from injuries; increasing mental clarity; and reducing the effects of insomnia, anxiety, and depression. "Go ahead, enjoy a blissful silence."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 10 things you need to know today: September 21, 2014
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
Subscribe to the Week