An Illinois double murder suspect has filed a 15-count complaint to a local judge about conditions in jail. He says his prison meals are boring and that the towels are too small. Adam Landerman, 21, also complains that breakfast is served at the indecent hour of 6:15 a.m., and that the books in the library aren't up to date. "We're not a hotel; we're a jail," responded Will County Sheriff's Deputy Chief Ken Kaupas.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- 10 things you need to know today: November 28, 2014
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
Subscribe to the Week