An Illinois double murder suspect has filed a 15-count complaint to a local judge about conditions in jail. He says his prison meals are boring and that the towels are too small. Adam Landerman, 21, also complains that breakfast is served at the indecent hour of 6:15 a.m., and that the books in the library aren't up to date. "We're not a hotel; we're a jail," responded Will County Sheriff's Deputy Chief Ken Kaupas.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How I lost all my money
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Ismail Kadare's 6 favorite books
- The real story behind The Conjuring and four other horror movies 'based on a true story'
- Kim Jong Un's less responsible, Disney-obsessed older brother
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
Subscribe to the Week