A New Hampshire woman who pulled into a highway median to save two stranded ducklings was given a $100 ticket. Hallie Bibeau, 33, stopped to save the ducklings after their mother was run over, but a state trooper said median stops are permitted only when motorists "are truly having an emergency."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Gamergate might be gaming sexism's Waterloo
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week