A New Hampshire woman who pulled into a highway median to save two stranded ducklings was given a $100 ticket. Hallie Bibeau, 33, stopped to save the ducklings after their mother was run over, but a state trooper said median stops are permitted only when motorists "are truly having an emergency."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why insects are the future of food
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
Subscribe to the Week