Have you ever gazed upon a beautiful scene and thought, "If only this had an Instagram filter"? Tens sunglasses ($110) could be for you, said Caitlin Dewey at The Washington Post. Billed as "a photo filter for the real world," these shades create the strange sensation of experiencing life in the warm, sepia tones that are popular on Instagram. While many people may be put off by the notion that "the literal way we see the world could be 'improved,'" studies show that shade and color have a distinct effect on our feelings, so the creators of Tens may be onto something.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week