The creators of Guitar Hero are making gym workouts a bit more fun. Goji Play ($100) essentially turns your favorite exercise machine into a video game station, said Jack deTar at Men's Journal. Clip the wireless sensor to your shorts, attach the controls to the handlebar of a stationary bike or treadmill, and use your phone or tablet as a display screen. Purists can use the system to compete against friends on performance goals, but others will relish the third-party games. Suddenly, a boring exercise session turns into a thrilling jet-ski race or a heart-pounding escape from an army of zombies.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
Subscribe to the Week