The creators of Guitar Hero are making gym workouts a bit more fun. Goji Play ($100) essentially turns your favorite exercise machine into a video game station, said Jack deTar at Men's Journal. Clip the wireless sensor to your shorts, attach the controls to the handlebar of a stationary bike or treadmill, and use your phone or tablet as a display screen. Purists can use the system to compete against friends on performance goals, but others will relish the third-party games. Suddenly, a boring exercise session turns into a thrilling jet-ski race or a heart-pounding escape from an army of zombies.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 400,000 Americans marched for climate justice. Now what?
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
Subscribe to the Week