Good day, Bad day
Good day for: Do-overs, as Sen. Larry Craig today took the first step toward trying to rescind his guilty plea in connection with a sex sting that led to his resignation. The Idaho Republican said he pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct not because he had solicited sex from a cop in an airport men’s room, but because he wanted to put the matter to rest. (The Washington Post, free registration required)
Bad day for: Do-overs, as former Pakistani prime minister Nawaz Sharif returned to his country on Monday after seven years in exile, and was promptly arrested and deported to Saudi Arabia. (Los Angeles Times, free registration required).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- These real-life Rosie the Riveters changed the face of labor
Subscribe to the Week