Good day, Bad day
Good day for: Do-overs, as Sen. Larry Craig today took the first step toward trying to rescind his guilty plea in connection with a sex sting that led to his resignation. The Idaho Republican said he pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct not because he had solicited sex from a cop in an airport men’s room, but because he wanted to put the matter to rest. (The Washington Post, free registration required)
Bad day for: Do-overs, as former Pakistani prime minister Nawaz Sharif returned to his country on Monday after seven years in exile, and was promptly arrested and deported to Saudi Arabia. (Los Angeles Times, free registration required).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Face it, ladies: We can't all be beautiful
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week