Good day, Bad day
Good day for: Do-overs, as Sen. Larry Craig today took the first step toward trying to rescind his guilty plea in connection with a sex sting that led to his resignation. The Idaho Republican said he pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct not because he had solicited sex from a cop in an airport men’s room, but because he wanted to put the matter to rest. (The Washington Post, free registration required)
Bad day for: Do-overs, as former Pakistani prime minister Nawaz Sharif returned to his country on Monday after seven years in exile, and was promptly arrested and deported to Saudi Arabia. (Los Angeles Times, free registration required).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- How to make homemade marshmallow Peeps
Subscribe to the Week