Good day, Bad day
Good day for: Do-overs, as Sen. Larry Craig today took the first step toward trying to rescind his guilty plea in connection with a sex sting that led to his resignation. The Idaho Republican said he pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct not because he had solicited sex from a cop in an airport men’s room, but because he wanted to put the matter to rest. (The Washington Post, free registration required)
Bad day for: Do-overs, as former Pakistani prime minister Nawaz Sharif returned to his country on Monday after seven years in exile, and was promptly arrested and deported to Saudi Arabia. (Los Angeles Times, free registration required).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 10 things you need to know today: September 19, 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
Subscribe to the Week