Good day, Bad day
Good day for: Do-overs, as Sen. Larry Craig today took the first step toward trying to rescind his guilty plea in connection with a sex sting that led to his resignation. The Idaho Republican said he pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct not because he had solicited sex from a cop in an airport men’s room, but because he wanted to put the matter to rest. (The Washington Post, free registration required)
Bad day for: Do-overs, as former Pakistani prime minister Nawaz Sharif returned to his country on Monday after seven years in exile, and was promptly arrested and deported to Saudi Arabia. (Los Angeles Times, free registration required).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How I lost all my money
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
Subscribe to the Week