Results: We asked you to come up with the next word for a multitasking activity (or two, or three) and you tweeted/texted/emailed the following:
FIRST PRIZE: Teleshirking, for doing anything other than working from home while working from home.
Barbara Bates, Catonsville, MD
SECOND PRIZE: E-ting, for eating while emailing.
Richard Archer, Danville, CA
THIRD PRIZE: Brakefasting, for driving while eating cereal
Marcia Murphy, Burlington, MA
Surfing the web while driving: Surfiving
Charles Baldwin, Darien, CT
Driving while phoning: Droning
Marianne James, Ann Arbor, MI (and others)
Shlogging: Showering while blogging
Paul DeAngelis, Columbia, MD
Sweeting: Tweeting while eating candy
Lorri King, Cottonwood, AZ
Surfing the web while munching: Smurfing.
Shlomo Elpas, Los Angeles
Toilecommuting: Working on a project while in the bathroom.
Karl Elam, Mesa, AZ
P-mail: E-mailing from the bathroom.
Chris Haddox, Washington, MO (and others)
Wee-Mail: You get the idea.
Katy Rogan, Livermore, CA
Hysteriotyping: Composing an email while loudly complaining about the recipient
Christian Toth, Sunnyside, NY
Glenbexting: Composing an email while loudly complaining about Glen Beck
Doug Rued, Tucson, AZ
Meet & Tweet: Twittering during company meetings.
Nancy House, Nashville, TN
Texmexting: Eating tacos while texting
M. Elke Johnston, Tampa, FL
Subtexting: Texting while riding mass transit
Julia McGill, Keswick, VA
Stalking: Steering while talking on a cell phone
Holly Carrol, Arlington, MA
Crashing: Driving while texting
Harvey Leviton, Minneapolis
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- The keys to succeeding with a job recruiter
- The next pandemic
- These real-life Rosie the Riveters changed the face of labor
Subscribe to the Week