OOD DAY FOR: Naming rights, after the University of Wyoming broke ground on its new center for international students, named for former Vice President Dick Cheney. The Cheneys donated $3.2 million for the center while Cheney was in office. “Mr. Cheney is not the best example of demonstrating how nations should get along with each other,” said Nancy Sindelar, of Veterans for Peace. UW President Tom Buchanan responded to the criticism, “Tolerance and diversity cut many ways.” (AP in Yahoo! News)
BAD DAY FOR: Seeking reality, after Turkish military police had to rescue nine women trapped in an Istanbul villa after answering an ad to be on a Turkish version of the reality-TV show “Big Brother.” The women were in fact videotaped 24 hours a day, but the footage was streamed to paying customers. (Reuters)
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Step away from the ruler: Penis size studies are pretty worthless
- The last racial taboo
Subscribe to the Week