"Megan Fox's mouth has caught up with her," said UsMagazine.com. After the 23-year-old actress "publicly compared Transformers director Michael Bay to Adolf Hitler" recently, three anonymous crew members who have worked with the director for the past 10 years posted a "scathing letter" on the Transformers website calling Fox "dumb-as-a-rock," as well as "thankless, classless," and "graceless." They even went so far as to "mock the comparison of Fox to action star Angelina Jolie"—good for them!
The crew members certainly gave Fox a "public spanking," said Jefferson Reid in E! Online. But did they really think they would "teach" the "über-hottie" a lesson by posting a negative letter about her online? All they're doing is "giving her more publicity." Not too bright.
Both sides were a little foolish, said Margaret Lyons in Entertainment Weekly, so let's "call this a draw." Comparing Michael Bay to Hitler "isn't a great idea, but neither is talking crap on the Internet about a co-worker you don't like." Let's just hope this whole thing ends quickly.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week