"Megan Fox's mouth has caught up with her," said UsMagazine.com. After the 23-year-old actress "publicly compared Transformers director Michael Bay to Adolf Hitler" recently, three anonymous crew members who have worked with the director for the past 10 years posted a "scathing letter" on the Transformers website calling Fox "dumb-as-a-rock," as well as "thankless, classless," and "graceless." They even went so far as to "mock the comparison of Fox to action star Angelina Jolie"—good for them!
The crew members certainly gave Fox a "public spanking," said Jefferson Reid in E! Online. But did they really think they would "teach" the "über-hottie" a lesson by posting a negative letter about her online? All they're doing is "giving her more publicity." Not too bright.
Both sides were a little foolish, said Margaret Lyons in Entertainment Weekly, so let's "call this a draw." Comparing Michael Bay to Hitler "isn't a great idea, but neither is talking crap on the Internet about a co-worker you don't like." Let's just hope this whole thing ends quickly.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- One girl's extraordinarily wild world
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week