Iran is "sinking to the low of doing business with mass murderers," said Kian Mokhtari in Kayhan International (via Worldmeets.us). But the West is adamanent on meeting with us, so Tehran has agreed to talks to be held Oct. 1. "So we must talk to the murderers who supplied chemical and biological weapons to Saddam Hussein with which he wiped out an entire generation of Iranians;" we must "lower ourselves morally and spiritually to sit down with these sponsors of the Zionist entity: that cockamamie band of Tel Aviv child murderers who harvest Palestinians for body organs." It's sickening that "we have to degrade ourselves" by sitting at the same table as these "pseudo-humans whose greed has led to dozens of Africa famines and the deaths of millions due to starvation," and whose violent nature has drenched Iraq and Afghanistan with innocent blood. In the name of global cooperation, we have to do this. "We beg God to give us patience."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week