Iran is "sinking to the low of doing business with mass murderers," said Kian Mokhtari in Kayhan International (via Worldmeets.us). But the West is adamanent on meeting with us, so Tehran has agreed to talks to be held Oct. 1. "So we must talk to the murderers who supplied chemical and biological weapons to Saddam Hussein with which he wiped out an entire generation of Iranians;" we must "lower ourselves morally and spiritually to sit down with these sponsors of the Zionist entity: that cockamamie band of Tel Aviv child murderers who harvest Palestinians for body organs." It's sickening that "we have to degrade ourselves" by sitting at the same table as these "pseudo-humans whose greed has led to dozens of Africa famines and the deaths of millions due to starvation," and whose violent nature has drenched Iraq and Afghanistan with innocent blood. In the name of global cooperation, we have to do this. "We beg God to give us patience."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- California's epic drought
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
Subscribe to the Week