court battle between a plasic surgeon and his ex-beauty queen former patient just got juicier, said Lesley Abravanel in The Miami Herald. Former Miss Norway Monica Hansen—also a former Playboy model and Maxim Woman of the Year—sued her Miami plastic surgeon, Lenny Hochstein, for using her picture on his website without permission, and she won a $564,555 default judgment in July. But Hochstein now says he has obtained an e-mail from Hansen to Hollywood madam Michelle Braun, in which Hansen admits she told Hochstein he could use the pictures.
Lenny Hochstein is known as the "boob god" in Miami, said Dan Mangan in the New York Post, and he says he had a deal with Monica Hansen "in which she got discounted surgeries in exchange for allowing her images to be used." Hochstein—who briefly dated Hansen and has been on the Bravo docudrama Miami Slice—says he removed Hansen's photos from his website as soon as Hansen asked him to, and next week Hochstein's lawyers will ask a California judge to set aside the judgment Hansen won.
"What strikes me as humorous about Monica Hansen’s lawsuit," said blogger Phineas J. in Gather.com, is that she's a pinup model who clearly is not shy about showing off her figure. "I’ve looked at photos of Monica Hansen and let me tell you, her doctor’s an artist. And what artist doesn’t ultimately want to show off his work?"
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- 10 things you need to know today: March 12, 2014
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- How rain helped the Mongols conquer Asia
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- America's love-hate relationship with porn
- Poll: Twice as many Americans say sugar is more harmful than marijuana
Subscribe to the Week