merica’s plan to expand its "murderous" attacks in Pakistan to yet another province must be thwarted, said Pakistan’s Frontier Post in an editorial. U.S. drones have already been bombing the tribal areas of Waziristan, killing a few militants among hundreds of civilians, "including, horrifically, children." Now the U.S. wants to invade our sovereignty further by attacking Balochistan as well, claiming that the Taliban leadership is "holed up somewhere in Quetta." The idea is preposterous. Why would the Taliban come to Pakistan? At this point, the U.S. and British have bungled the war so badly that most of Afghanistan is under Taliban control. The Americans are simply trying to make Pakistan a scapegoat for their own failures, as they did "with Cambodia and Laos when their Vietnam adventurism ran into deep straits." Pakistan dare not become another Cambodia.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
5 surprising facts about left-handed people
Subscribe to the Week