America’s plan to expand its "murderous" attacks in Pakistan to yet another province must be thwarted, said Pakistan’s Frontier Post in an editorial. U.S. drones have already been bombing the tribal areas of Waziristan, killing a few militants among hundreds of civilians, "including, horrifically, children." Now the U.S. wants to invade our sovereignty further by attacking Balochistan as well, claiming that the Taliban leadership is "holed up somewhere in Quetta." The idea is preposterous. Why would the Taliban come to Pakistan? At this point, the U.S. and British have bungled the war so badly that most of Afghanistan is under Taliban control. The Americans are simply trying to make Pakistan a scapegoat for their own failures, as they did "with Cambodia and Laos when their Vietnam adventurism ran into deep straits." Pakistan dare not become another Cambodia.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- Dean Koontz's 5 favorite books
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week