America’s plan to expand its "murderous" attacks in Pakistan to yet another province must be thwarted, said Pakistan’s Frontier Post in an editorial. U.S. drones have already been bombing the tribal areas of Waziristan, killing a few militants among hundreds of civilians, "including, horrifically, children." Now the U.S. wants to invade our sovereignty further by attacking Balochistan as well, claiming that the Taliban leadership is "holed up somewhere in Quetta." The idea is preposterous. Why would the Taliban come to Pakistan? At this point, the U.S. and British have bungled the war so badly that most of Afghanistan is under Taliban control. The Americans are simply trying to make Pakistan a scapegoat for their own failures, as they did "with Cambodia and Laos when their Vietnam adventurism ran into deep straits." Pakistan dare not become another Cambodia.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
Subscribe to the Week