merica’s plan to expand its "murderous" attacks in Pakistan to yet another province must be thwarted, said Pakistan’s Frontier Post in an editorial. U.S. drones have already been bombing the tribal areas of Waziristan, killing a few militants among hundreds of civilians, "including, horrifically, children." Now the U.S. wants to invade our sovereignty further by attacking Balochistan as well, claiming that the Taliban leadership is "holed up somewhere in Quetta." The idea is preposterous. Why would the Taliban come to Pakistan? At this point, the U.S. and British have bungled the war so badly that most of Afghanistan is under Taliban control. The Americans are simply trying to make Pakistan a scapegoat for their own failures, as they did "with Cambodia and Laos when their Vietnam adventurism ran into deep straits." Pakistan dare not become another Cambodia.
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Did God have a wife?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 5 theories to explain North Korea's big mysterious purge
- The secrets of happy families
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Battle in a blizzard
Subscribe to the Week