America’s plan to expand its "murderous" attacks in Pakistan to yet another province must be thwarted, said Pakistan’s Frontier Post in an editorial. U.S. drones have already been bombing the tribal areas of Waziristan, killing a few militants among hundreds of civilians, "including, horrifically, children." Now the U.S. wants to invade our sovereignty further by attacking Balochistan as well, claiming that the Taliban leadership is "holed up somewhere in Quetta." The idea is preposterous. Why would the Taliban come to Pakistan? At this point, the U.S. and British have bungled the war so badly that most of Afghanistan is under Taliban control. The Americans are simply trying to make Pakistan a scapegoat for their own failures, as they did "with Cambodia and Laos when their Vietnam adventurism ran into deep straits." Pakistan dare not become another Cambodia.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
Subscribe to the Week