OOD DAY FOR: Foster’s Beer, as popular Australian racing event the Bathurst 1000 is limiting alcohol consumption this year—to 24 cans of beer per adult each day, or 24 mixed drinks or four liters of wine. “Every year thousands of race fans attend and enjoy the event and Police will not allow their safety to be compromised by a drunken few,” said Assistant Commissioner Alan Clarke. (Reuters)
BAD DAY FOR: Originality, after 64 of the 10,000 Hotmail users who had their accounts hacked recently used the same password: 123456. All email users might want to consider changing their passwords, though—after the 10,000 Hotmail user names and passwords appeared on the site PasteBin, another 20,000 were shown to the BBC including Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, and other accounts. (Wired)
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The Black Death is back
- Millennial women have seriously narrowed the wage gap with men
- Watch Fox News' Megyn Kelly claim Santa, like Jesus, is a white guy
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
Subscribe to the Week