merica can keep its stinking money, said the Pakistan Observer in an editorial. The Kerry-Lugar bill, which the U.S. Congress passed last week, may triple aid to Pakistan, but it also "contains derogatory remarks" implying that our country is a haven of terrorists and nuclear proliferators. "Anyone who matters anywhere feels humiliated over language of certain clauses of the bill." It's perfectly obvious that "the Indian lobbies" had a hand in writing some of the offensive language, particularly that which commands Pakistan to stop supporting Kashmir's struggle for freedom from India. Pakistan should reject the aid. We don't need a present wrapped in an insult.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How Captain America won over China
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
Subscribe to the Week