"Meghan McCain is threatening to pull a Miley Cyrus and quit Twitter!" said Jessica Wakeman in The Frisky. "Meanie commenters got a little too vicious with the senator’s daughter after she posted a Twitpic" showing her holding a book and wearing a tank top that revealed major cleavage. After a flood of rude comments, McCain tweeted, "So I took a fun picture not thinking anything about what I was wearing, but apparently anything other than a pantsuit and I am a slut."
It is "absurd" for McCain to be playing the victim card, said Robert Stacy McCain in The Other McCain. She is "heiress to a fortune and the daughter of a powerful U.S. senator. She is also spoiled rotten and arrogant, lecturing the world at Tina Brown's Daily Beast without any more qualification than her family name and an Ivy League diploma." If she occasionally has to take some criticism, too bad.
It's amazing that she's getting grief over this, said Kevin Aylward in Wizbang Pop! This is a photo of a young woman relaxing at home, nothing more. "Count us among the silent, non-offended majority!"
Before finishing a night of rapid-fire tweeting, said CNN's Politicalticker blog, Meghan McCain promised to sleep on it before doing anything as drastic as deleting her Twitter account. But she did get something out of the controversy—with all eyes on her, the 24-year-old who tweets as McCainblogette signed off for the night with a plug for her latest column at The Daily Beast.
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- What makes a word the word of the year?
- The executioners' lament
- A good night's sleep gives you an edge at work
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- 10 things you need to know today: December 8, 2013
Subscribe to the Week