Looks like another White House official is "about to get Van Jonesed," said Adam K. Raymond in New York magazine. Fox News host Glenn Beck, fresh off his successful effort to push out former green-jobs czar Jones, is going after White House communications director Anita Dunn, who recently called Fox the communications arm of the Republican Party. Beck showed video of Dunn saying that Mao Zedong is one of her favorite political philosophers, and the attack began. (watch Glenn Beck's criticism of Anita Dunn)
Yes, Anita Dunn is a Mao cheerleader, said Michelle Malkin in her blog, but that's not her only problem. The White House's "chief Fox-basher" also has a "career-long commitment to flacking for one of the Beltway’s most entrenched and crooked creatures, Tom Daschle," and she's "married to Obama thug lawyer Robert Bauer, who tried valiantly to get the DOJ to prosecute conservative critics and punish TV stations for running an ad critical of Obama’s relationship with Weather Underground Bill Ayers."
Looks like Glenn Beck won't rest, said Mark Silva in the Chicago Tribune, until he has gotten rid of "every member of the Obama administration who ever hung a Che Guevera poster on his college dorm wall." Dunn will probably survive her "Becking"—unlike environmental advisor Jones, who resigned after Beck "singled him out as a communist sympathizer." But this won't be the end of the Fox News war—now it's the White House's turn to fire back.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
Subscribe to the Week