Results: In a new TV series, “100 Mile Challenge,” six families try to consume only food produced within a 100-mile radius. Since this is pretty much how every family lived a couple of generations back, we asked for the name of the next reality show where families struggle to live the way our grandparents did. You walked uphill both ways to send us:
FIRST PRIZE: 300-Minute Meals
Sara White, Scarsdale, NY
SECOND PRIZE: Zebediah and Kate Plus 8
Cynthia A. Gray, Ft. Collins, CO
THIRD PRIZE: Survivor: Tuberculosis
Daisy Michael, Westminster, MD
The Real Midwives of Orange County
Michelle Blechman, Deerfield, IL
Pimp My Buggy
Joseph Hanan, Los Angeles
This Old Outhouse
Richard Skowronek, Marietta, GA (and others)
Who Wants to be a Millner?
Yasmin Hahn, Albuquerque, NM
Who Wants to Marry a Cousin?
Stacey Dennick, Sebastopol, CA
Are You Smarter than an Ice-Box?
Brian Brunett, St. Clair Shores, MI
No Grain, No Glory
Jerry Ulsund, Hansville, WA
Survivor: Rotary Dial
Eric Jones, Seattle
Extreme Survivor: The One-Car Family
Sean Callan, Rochester, NY
Kevin Wrede, Portland, OR
League-less In Seattle
(Confined to their neighborhood with no coaches or uniforms,
a group of kids attempts to play sports)
Sienna White, Boise
Pickles & Preserves? Yes We Can!
Mark Pumphrey, Pisgah Forest, NC
America’s Got Dysentery
Kim Butler, Pittsburgh
No McDonald’s Farm
Janet Gill, Paso Robles, CA
I’m A Millenial: Get Me Out of Here!
Barry Cutler, Palm Desert, CA
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
Subscribe to the Week