n the world of television, said Verne Gay in Newsday, this is "big news. No, bigbigbigbig news." Former Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin will sit down and talk with Oprah Winfrey—one of the biggest celebrity supporters of Barack Obama's campaign. Oprah wouldn't give Palin airtime during the campaign, so it should be interesting to see how the two get along.
There's just one reason Sarah Palin chose Oprah Winfrey over all the other TV shows trying to book her, said Thomas Conner in the Chicago Sun-Times. "She's got a book to sell"—her Going Rogue: An American Life is coming out late this year. "And Oprah can move tanker-loads of books."
Oprah Winfrey won't exactly come away empty handed, said Mark Silva in the Chicago Tribune. Oprah helps Palin sell books, Palin gives Oprah the first exclusive interview on the eve of the release of Going Rogue. "It's a mutually satisfying arrangement."
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- The executioners' lament
- Is it finally time to start paying college athletes?
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- China's massive pollution problem
Subscribe to the Week