merica’s loose morals contribute to the rise of al Qaida, said the Archdiocese of Guam in a pastoral letter (via Andrew Sullivan in The Atlantic). Islamic extremists can point to real evils in America, such as the prevalence in many states of homosexual marriages, to recruit more terrorists. It "makes no sense" for the U.S. to send "our boys" from Guam over to Afghanistan to fight al Qaida while, back home, the Obama administration promotes the gay agenda. Sad to say, "the Islamic fundamentalist charge that Western civilization in general and the USA in particular is the 'Great Satan' is not without an element of truth."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to flirt, according to science
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- What The Americans gets wrong about Russian spies
- 3 ways elephants and neuroscience can help you make better decisions
Subscribe to the Week