OOD DAY FOR: Tweeting from the afterlife, as London-based psychic Jayne Wallace is preparing for the world’s first “tweance,” or Twitter seance. People are encouraged to tweet questions for dead celebrities including Michael Jackson, William Shakespeare, John Lennon, River Phoenix, and Kurt Cobain, and Wallace will tweet their responses. (Reuters)
BAD DAY FOR: Prospective homebuyers, after the S&P/Case-Schiller index showed home prices rising in 20 cities in August, for the third monthly gain in a row. The index rose 1 percent from July, but was down 11.3 percent from a year earlier—a smaller drop than expected. Economists say the stabilizing housing market is a good sign for the economy. (Bloomberg)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
Subscribe to the Week