GOOD DAY FOR: Tweeting from the afterlife, as London-based psychic Jayne Wallace is preparing for the world’s first “tweance,” or Twitter seance. People are encouraged to tweet questions for dead celebrities including Michael Jackson, William Shakespeare, John Lennon, River Phoenix, and Kurt Cobain, and Wallace will tweet their responses. (Reuters)
BAD DAY FOR: Prospective homebuyers, after the S&P/Case-Schiller index showed home prices rising in 20 cities in August, for the third monthly gain in a row. The index rose 1 percent from July, but was down 11.3 percent from a year earlier—a smaller drop than expected. Economists say the stabilizing housing market is a good sign for the economy. (Bloomberg)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
Subscribe to the Week