GOOD DAY FOR: Tweeting from the afterlife, as London-based psychic Jayne Wallace is preparing for the world’s first “tweance,” or Twitter seance. People are encouraged to tweet questions for dead celebrities including Michael Jackson, William Shakespeare, John Lennon, River Phoenix, and Kurt Cobain, and Wallace will tweet their responses. (Reuters)
BAD DAY FOR: Prospective homebuyers, after the S&P/Case-Schiller index showed home prices rising in 20 cities in August, for the third monthly gain in a row. The index rose 1 percent from July, but was down 11.3 percent from a year earlier—a smaller drop than expected. Economists say the stabilizing housing market is a good sign for the economy. (Bloomberg)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- Is the Christian music industry liberalizing on gay marriage?
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Congress' craven approach toward the war on ISIS
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
Subscribe to the Week