OOD DAY FOR: Tweeting from the afterlife, as London-based psychic Jayne Wallace is preparing for the world’s first “tweance,” or Twitter seance. People are encouraged to tweet questions for dead celebrities including Michael Jackson, William Shakespeare, John Lennon, River Phoenix, and Kurt Cobain, and Wallace will tweet their responses. (Reuters)
BAD DAY FOR: Prospective homebuyers, after the S&P/Case-Schiller index showed home prices rising in 20 cities in August, for the third monthly gain in a row. The index rose 1 percent from July, but was down 11.3 percent from a year earlier—a smaller drop than expected. Economists say the stabilizing housing market is a good sign for the economy. (Bloomberg)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- The Daily Show has some fun mocking the CPAC power players
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- 10 things you need to know today: March 11, 2014
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
Subscribe to the Week