OOD DAY FOR: Tweeting from the afterlife, as London-based psychic Jayne Wallace is preparing for the world’s first “tweance,” or Twitter seance. People are encouraged to tweet questions for dead celebrities including Michael Jackson, William Shakespeare, John Lennon, River Phoenix, and Kurt Cobain, and Wallace will tweet their responses. (Reuters)
BAD DAY FOR: Prospective homebuyers, after the S&P/Case-Schiller index showed home prices rising in 20 cities in August, for the third monthly gain in a row. The index rose 1 percent from July, but was down 11.3 percent from a year earlier—a smaller drop than expected. Economists say the stabilizing housing market is a good sign for the economy. (Bloomberg)
- The secrets of happy families
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Did God have a wife?
- Would you cuddle a stranger for $80 an hour?
- Why Republicans shouldn't get too excited over Obama's stumbles
- Will John Kerry's foreign policy successes undercut Hillary Clinton?
Subscribe to the Week