GOOD DAY FOR: Tweeting from the afterlife, as London-based psychic Jayne Wallace is preparing for the world’s first “tweance,” or Twitter seance. People are encouraged to tweet questions for dead celebrities including Michael Jackson, William Shakespeare, John Lennon, River Phoenix, and Kurt Cobain, and Wallace will tweet their responses. (Reuters)
BAD DAY FOR: Prospective homebuyers, after the S&P/Case-Schiller index showed home prices rising in 20 cities in August, for the third monthly gain in a row. The index rose 1 percent from July, but was down 11.3 percent from a year earlier—a smaller drop than expected. Economists say the stabilizing housing market is a good sign for the economy. (Bloomberg)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- How to make classic pulled pork
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How The Killing survived two cancellations and ended on its own terms
- How to make salads for reluctant salad eaters
Subscribe to the Week