OOD DAY FOR: Working on the railroad, after Warren Buffett’s Berskshire Hathaway agreed to buy railroad giant Burlington Northern Santa Fe for $26 billion, including $16 billion in cash. This is the largest takeover ever for Berkshire, which already owns 12.6 percent of the railroad. (Bloomberg)
BAD DAY FOR: Affordable get-aways, after a Spanish firm says it’s on track to take paying guests at the first ever hotel in outer space in 2012. A three-night stay at the Galactic Suite Space Resort would set you back about $4.4 million, but that includes an eight-week training course on a tropical island. Guests would see the sun rise 15 times a day and wear velcro suits to stick to the walls of their room. At least 43 people have already made reservations. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: No matter what, broadcasters lose
- 10 things you need to know today: April 21, 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
Subscribe to the Week