OOD DAY FOR: Working on the railroad, after Warren Buffett’s Berskshire Hathaway agreed to buy railroad giant Burlington Northern Santa Fe for $26 billion, including $16 billion in cash. This is the largest takeover ever for Berkshire, which already owns 12.6 percent of the railroad. (Bloomberg)
BAD DAY FOR: Affordable get-aways, after a Spanish firm says it’s on track to take paying guests at the first ever hotel in outer space in 2012. A three-night stay at the Galactic Suite Space Resort would set you back about $4.4 million, but that includes an eight-week training course on a tropical island. Guests would see the sun rise 15 times a day and wear velcro suits to stick to the walls of their room. At least 43 people have already made reservations. (Reuters)
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
The history of Santa Claus: 7 interesting facts
- The secrets of happy families
- Have scientists unearthed the first 'gay caveman'?
Subscribe to the Week