OOD DAY FOR: Ordering the falafel, after Russian police arrested three homeless men for selling human flesh to a kabob house. The men allegedly butchered and ate a 25-year-old man in Perm, 720 miles east of Moscow, then sold the remains to a kiosk selling kabob and pies. It is unclear if any customers ate the human remains. (Reuters)
BAD DAY FOR: The land of opportunity, as Mexican families have started sending pesos north of the border to help struggling relatives living, legally or illegally, in the U.S. Unemployment has hit migrant workers at a much higher rate than the general population. “We send something whenever we have a little extra, at least enough so he can eat,” said Oaxaca resident Miguel Salcedo of his son in San Diego. (The New York Times)
- The man who sued his wife for birthing an ugly baby
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Are differences in IQ to blame for income inequality?
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- Watch The Daily Show pit Pope Francis against Fox News' 'War on Christmas'
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why learning which of your Facebook friends hate you is a great idea
Subscribe to the Week