Results: Recently, the ball was inducted into the Toy Hall of Fame, along with other classics like the jump rope and bike. We asked you to predict a toy that will never make it into the Hall of Fame and you sold us on:
FIRST PRIZE: The E-Z Bake Electric Chair
Bruce Meyer, Carlsbad, Calif.
SECOND PRIZE: Mr. Potato Head’s neighbor, Mr. Crack Head
Ed Markarian, Santa Monica, Calif.
THIRD PRIZE: Text ‘n’ Drive Big Wheel
David R. Tune, Hagerstown, Md.
Bill Muse, Seattle
Bill Hutton, Winchester, Va.
Trick Bungee Cord
Chris Healy, Riverside, Conn.
Keith Newman, Athens, Ohio (and others)
Don’t Tickle Me There Elmo!
Dave Zuda, Worth, Ill.
Free-Range Ant Farm
Mimi Hassett, Housatonic, Mass.
Hamster Embalming Kit
Daisy Michael, Westminster, Md.
Baby’s First Bong
Kevin Wrede, Portland, Ore.
Cripps & Bloods Action Figures
Megan Browne, Sierra Madre, Calif.
Abandoned Refrigerator Secret Hideout
Eric Peterson, San Jose, Calif. (and others)
Botched Boob Job Barbie
Kathleen Myers Schlachter, Seattle
Sean Osborne, Cross Plains, Tenn.
Dart Board with an Automatic Return
Ken Hussar, Lancaster, Pa.
Ginsu Hula Hoop
Francesca Kranzberg, Washington, DC (and others, similar)
The Hula Square
Chuck Gaston, Lancaster, Pa.
Valerie Potter, Albuquerque, N.M.
The Solid Color Rubik’s Cub
Steve Kaplan, St. Louis Park, Minn.
Horny, Horny Hippos
Cathy Curtis, Finksburg, MD
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
Subscribe to the Week