Results: Recently, the ball was inducted into the Toy Hall of Fame, along with other classics like the jump rope and bike. We asked you to predict a toy that will never make it into the Hall of Fame and you sold us on:
FIRST PRIZE: The E-Z Bake Electric Chair
Bruce Meyer, Carlsbad, Calif.
SECOND PRIZE: Mr. Potato Head’s neighbor, Mr. Crack Head
Ed Markarian, Santa Monica, Calif.
THIRD PRIZE: Text ‘n’ Drive Big Wheel
David R. Tune, Hagerstown, Md.
Bill Muse, Seattle
Bill Hutton, Winchester, Va.
Trick Bungee Cord
Chris Healy, Riverside, Conn.
Keith Newman, Athens, Ohio (and others)
Don’t Tickle Me There Elmo!
Dave Zuda, Worth, Ill.
Free-Range Ant Farm
Mimi Hassett, Housatonic, Mass.
Hamster Embalming Kit
Daisy Michael, Westminster, Md.
Baby’s First Bong
Kevin Wrede, Portland, Ore.
Cripps & Bloods Action Figures
Megan Browne, Sierra Madre, Calif.
Abandoned Refrigerator Secret Hideout
Eric Peterson, San Jose, Calif. (and others)
Botched Boob Job Barbie
Kathleen Myers Schlachter, Seattle
Sean Osborne, Cross Plains, Tenn.
Dart Board with an Automatic Return
Ken Hussar, Lancaster, Pa.
Ginsu Hula Hoop
Francesca Kranzberg, Washington, DC (and others, similar)
The Hula Square
Chuck Gaston, Lancaster, Pa.
Valerie Potter, Albuquerque, N.M.
The Solid Color Rubik’s Cub
Steve Kaplan, St. Louis Park, Minn.
Horny, Horny Hippos
Cathy Curtis, Finksburg, MD
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week