Results: Recently, the ball was inducted into the Toy Hall of Fame, along with other classics like the jump rope and bike. We asked you to predict a toy that will never make it into the Hall of Fame and you sold us on:
FIRST PRIZE: The E-Z Bake Electric Chair
Bruce Meyer, Carlsbad, Calif.
SECOND PRIZE: Mr. Potato Head’s neighbor, Mr. Crack Head
Ed Markarian, Santa Monica, Calif.
THIRD PRIZE: Text ‘n’ Drive Big Wheel
David R. Tune, Hagerstown, Md.
Bill Muse, Seattle
Bill Hutton, Winchester, Va.
Trick Bungee Cord
Chris Healy, Riverside, Conn.
Keith Newman, Athens, Ohio (and others)
Don’t Tickle Me There Elmo!
Dave Zuda, Worth, Ill.
Free-Range Ant Farm
Mimi Hassett, Housatonic, Mass.
Hamster Embalming Kit
Daisy Michael, Westminster, Md.
Baby’s First Bong
Kevin Wrede, Portland, Ore.
Cripps & Bloods Action Figures
Megan Browne, Sierra Madre, Calif.
Abandoned Refrigerator Secret Hideout
Eric Peterson, San Jose, Calif. (and others)
Botched Boob Job Barbie
Kathleen Myers Schlachter, Seattle
Sean Osborne, Cross Plains, Tenn.
Dart Board with an Automatic Return
Ken Hussar, Lancaster, Pa.
Ginsu Hula Hoop
Francesca Kranzberg, Washington, DC (and others, similar)
The Hula Square
Chuck Gaston, Lancaster, Pa.
Valerie Potter, Albuquerque, N.M.
The Solid Color Rubik’s Cub
Steve Kaplan, St. Louis Park, Minn.
Horny, Horny Hippos
Cathy Curtis, Finksburg, MD
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
- 4 strategies for organizing your money, based on your personality
Subscribe to the Week