Results: Recently, the ball was inducted into the Toy Hall of Fame, along with other classics like the jump rope and bike. We asked you to predict a toy that will never make it into the Hall of Fame and you sold us on:
FIRST PRIZE: The E-Z Bake Electric Chair
Bruce Meyer, Carlsbad, Calif.
SECOND PRIZE: Mr. Potato Head’s neighbor, Mr. Crack Head
Ed Markarian, Santa Monica, Calif.
THIRD PRIZE: Text ‘n’ Drive Big Wheel
David R. Tune, Hagerstown, Md.
Bill Muse, Seattle
Bill Hutton, Winchester, Va.
Trick Bungee Cord
Chris Healy, Riverside, Conn.
Keith Newman, Athens, Ohio (and others)
Don’t Tickle Me There Elmo!
Dave Zuda, Worth, Ill.
Free-Range Ant Farm
Mimi Hassett, Housatonic, Mass.
Hamster Embalming Kit
Daisy Michael, Westminster, Md.
Baby’s First Bong
Kevin Wrede, Portland, Ore.
Cripps & Bloods Action Figures
Megan Browne, Sierra Madre, Calif.
Abandoned Refrigerator Secret Hideout
Eric Peterson, San Jose, Calif. (and others)
Botched Boob Job Barbie
Kathleen Myers Schlachter, Seattle
Sean Osborne, Cross Plains, Tenn.
Dart Board with an Automatic Return
Ken Hussar, Lancaster, Pa.
Ginsu Hula Hoop
Francesca Kranzberg, Washington, DC (and others, similar)
The Hula Square
Chuck Gaston, Lancaster, Pa.
Valerie Potter, Albuquerque, N.M.
The Solid Color Rubik’s Cub
Steve Kaplan, St. Louis Park, Minn.
Horny, Horny Hippos
Cathy Curtis, Finksburg, MD
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 30, 2014
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- Stop calling the GOP the party of new ideas
- Pay yourself first: The habit that can help you build wealth
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week