Results: Recently, the ball was inducted into the Toy Hall of Fame, along with other classics like the jump rope and bike. We asked you to predict a toy that will never make it into the Hall of Fame and you sold us on:
FIRST PRIZE: The E-Z Bake Electric Chair
Bruce Meyer, Carlsbad, Calif.
SECOND PRIZE: Mr. Potato Head’s neighbor, Mr. Crack Head
Ed Markarian, Santa Monica, Calif.
THIRD PRIZE: Text ‘n’ Drive Big Wheel
David R. Tune, Hagerstown, Md.
Bill Muse, Seattle
Bill Hutton, Winchester, Va.
Trick Bungee Cord
Chris Healy, Riverside, Conn.
Keith Newman, Athens, Ohio (and others)
Don’t Tickle Me There Elmo!
Dave Zuda, Worth, Ill.
Free-Range Ant Farm
Mimi Hassett, Housatonic, Mass.
Hamster Embalming Kit
Daisy Michael, Westminster, Md.
Baby’s First Bong
Kevin Wrede, Portland, Ore.
Cripps & Bloods Action Figures
Megan Browne, Sierra Madre, Calif.
Abandoned Refrigerator Secret Hideout
Eric Peterson, San Jose, Calif. (and others)
Botched Boob Job Barbie
Kathleen Myers Schlachter, Seattle
Sean Osborne, Cross Plains, Tenn.
Dart Board with an Automatic Return
Ken Hussar, Lancaster, Pa.
Ginsu Hula Hoop
Francesca Kranzberg, Washington, DC (and others, similar)
The Hula Square
Chuck Gaston, Lancaster, Pa.
Valerie Potter, Albuquerque, N.M.
The Solid Color Rubik’s Cub
Steve Kaplan, St. Louis Park, Minn.
Horny, Horny Hippos
Cathy Curtis, Finksburg, MD
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
Subscribe to the Week