Results: Recently, a University of Wisconsin anthropologist concluded that the human brain has shrunk a full 10 percent over the last 5,000 years. We asked you for more proof that our brains are getting smaller and you weighed in with:
FIRST PRIZE: Two words: Reality TV.
Frank Letchworth, Knoxville, TN (and others)
SECOND PRIZE: The 90 percent re-election rate for Congress.
Cathy Curtis, Finksburg, MD
THIRD PRIZE: Bottled Water.
Ellen Wong, Pasadena, CA
Joanne Nigg, Elkton, MD
Discussion of a Pallin/Beck ticket in 2012.
John Pluhowski, Nyack, NY (and others)
Mark Kellerman, Hays, KN
People yelling at rallies, “Keep the government out of my Medicare!”
Kristy Rimwood, Owings Mills, MD
People paying to see the Detroit Lions play.
Thomas Kopke, Dearborn, MI
People believing that wrestling is real.
David Klein, Frisco, TX
Hardly anyone can make a decent flint arrowhead anymore.
Chuck Gaston, Lancaster, PA
Baseball caps worn backwards.
Russ Mallard, Waterbury, VT
The return of ‘80s fashions.
Jaime Davis, Minneapolis
The size of our televisions.
Christopher Hicks, Boulder, CO
Joseph Chmielewski, Milwaukee
Our favorite hobbies are making more money, buying more stuff and having yard sales to get rid of the clutter.
Mark Pumphrey, Pisgah Forest, NC
Reading weekly magazines that simplify and condense full news articles.
PJ Wells, Canton, OH
Mary Hogan, New York City
Cn u repeat the kwestun?
Michael Ullmann, Princeto
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What big data can tell us about the things we eat
Subscribe to the Week