Made for Taiwanese television, a hypothetical CGI "reenactment" of an alleged late-night dispute between Tiger Woods and his wife, Elin Nordegren, is drawing bemused and perplexed reactions from U.S. bloggers. See video below:
TMZ: "There is no video of what went down between Tiger Woods and his wife Elin Nordegen on the night of his accident — so the Chinese made one up!"
Videogum: "I don't speak Chinese, but I think what happened here is pretty clear...Tiger crashed his CGI Grand Theft Auto car into a Matrix tree, and now he and his wife are starring in Veggie Tales 4: Golfing with God. MYSTERY SOLVED."
ESPN's "The Sports Guy": "This clip should loop 24 hours a day on Comedy Central."
The Awl: "We promised earlier that we would not again mention the Famous Golfer who is currently Embroiled in Controversy, but this video is WAY TOO GOOD not to share. Taiwanese animation makes everything more comprehensible. Stick with this one, it just keeps getting better."
Deadspin: "Simply...incredible. We are through the looking glass, people."
(UPDATE: In a December 2 post on his own website, Woods apologizes for wronging his wife, but states uncategorically: "The [tabloid] stories in particular that [suggest] physical violence played any role in the car accident were utterly false and malicious.")
SEE THE WEEK'S LATEST COVERAGE OF TIGER WOODS:
• Tiger Woods owns up
• The Tiger Woods scandal grows
• Who is Rachel Uchitel? A timeline of the alleged mistress's life
• Tiger Woods' sex scandal?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to live a long life, according to science
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week