ade for Taiwanese television, a hypothetical CGI "reenactment" of an alleged late-night dispute between Tiger Woods and his wife, Elin Nordegren, is drawing bemused and perplexed reactions from U.S. bloggers. See video below:
TMZ: "There is no video of what went down between Tiger Woods and his wife Elin Nordegen on the night of his accident — so the Chinese made one up!"
Videogum: "I don't speak Chinese, but I think what happened here is pretty clear...Tiger crashed his CGI Grand Theft Auto car into a Matrix tree, and now he and his wife are starring in Veggie Tales 4: Golfing with God. MYSTERY SOLVED."
ESPN's "The Sports Guy": "This clip should loop 24 hours a day on Comedy Central."
The Awl: "We promised earlier that we would not again mention the Famous Golfer who is currently Embroiled in Controversy, but this video is WAY TOO GOOD not to share. Taiwanese animation makes everything more comprehensible. Stick with this one, it just keeps getting better."
Deadspin: "Simply...incredible. We are through the looking glass, people."
(UPDATE: In a December 2 post on his own website, Woods apologizes for wronging his wife, but states uncategorically: "The [tabloid] stories in particular that [suggest] physical violence played any role in the car accident were utterly false and malicious.")
SEE THE WEEK'S LATEST COVERAGE OF TIGER WOODS:
• Tiger Woods owns up
• The Tiger Woods scandal grows
• Who is Rachel Uchitel? A timeline of the alleged mistress's life
• Tiger Woods' sex scandal?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- How Captain America won over China
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
Subscribe to the Week