Abusive rhetoric was a hallmark of the 2000s. I shudder to think how low public discourse will go in the 2010s.
"Abusive rhetoric was a hallmark of the 2000s." Imagine how low we'll go in the 2010s.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How I lost all my money
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
Subscribe to the Week