Abusive rhetoric was a hallmark of the 2000s. I shudder to think how low public discourse will go in the 2010s.
"Abusive rhetoric was a hallmark of the 2000s." Imagine how low we'll go in the 2010s.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: April 21, 2014
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: No matter what, broadcasters lose
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The case for killing law school
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
Subscribe to the Week