Results: We asked you to come up with a headline we will NOT see in 2010 and you unfurled:
FIRST PRIZE: Bipartisan Agreement on Budget Windfall
Sherry Roth, Covington, KY
SECOND PRIZE: We Won! Soldiers Coming Home in the Spring
Irene Minerick, Bandon, OR
THIRD PRIZE: Americans Demand Higher Bonuses for AIG Execs
Cathy Curtis, Finksburg, MD
Psychic Wins Lottery Jackpot!
Patrick Seifer, Hamilton, OH
Hollywood Celebs Flock to GOP Senate Fundraiser
S. Grossi, Brooklyn
Tonight Show to Co-Star Leno, O’Brien
Justin Epstein, San Francisco
Osama bin Laden Implores, “Can’t We All Just Get Along?”
Nancy House, Nashville
Jon & Kate Plus Nine!
Michelle Lombardo, Stamford, CT (first of similar entries)
Porn Industry Declares Bankruptcy
Miles Klein, Frisco, TX
Guilt-Wracked Bankers Fund Social Safety Net with Bonuses
Jane Malcolm, Houston
Ahmadinejad Spends Day at Holocaust Museum
Michael Foltz, Tucson, AZ
Wholesome Family Sitcom a Major Ratings Hit
Maureen McKinney, Ivyland, PA
Tiger Woods: “Yep. I’m Gay.”
Mike Murray, Flushing, NY
Fed Recoups TARP Money, Returns to Taxpayers with Interest
Susan MacKenzie, Vienna, VA
Airports Report Decrease in Wait Time
Michael D’Amato, Edison, NJ
Aliens Land, Declare Human Experiment a Huge Success!
Daisy Michael, Westminster, MD
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
Subscribe to the Week