Results: We asked you to come up with a headline we will NOT see in 2010 and you unfurled:
FIRST PRIZE: Bipartisan Agreement on Budget Windfall
Sherry Roth, Covington, KY
SECOND PRIZE: We Won! Soldiers Coming Home in the Spring
Irene Minerick, Bandon, OR
THIRD PRIZE: Americans Demand Higher Bonuses for AIG Execs
Cathy Curtis, Finksburg, MD
Psychic Wins Lottery Jackpot!
Patrick Seifer, Hamilton, OH
Hollywood Celebs Flock to GOP Senate Fundraiser
S. Grossi, Brooklyn
Tonight Show to Co-Star Leno, O’Brien
Justin Epstein, San Francisco
Osama bin Laden Implores, “Can’t We All Just Get Along?”
Nancy House, Nashville
Jon & Kate Plus Nine!
Michelle Lombardo, Stamford, CT (first of similar entries)
Porn Industry Declares Bankruptcy
Miles Klein, Frisco, TX
Guilt-Wracked Bankers Fund Social Safety Net with Bonuses
Jane Malcolm, Houston
Ahmadinejad Spends Day at Holocaust Museum
Michael Foltz, Tucson, AZ
Wholesome Family Sitcom a Major Ratings Hit
Maureen McKinney, Ivyland, PA
Tiger Woods: “Yep. I’m Gay.”
Mike Murray, Flushing, NY
Fed Recoups TARP Money, Returns to Taxpayers with Interest
Susan MacKenzie, Vienna, VA
Airports Report Decrease in Wait Time
Michael D’Amato, Edison, NJ
Aliens Land, Declare Human Experiment a Huge Success!
Daisy Michael, Westminster, MD
- 10 things you need to know today: December 7, 2013
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
- Are Democrats backing the GOP into another government shutdown?
- How I cut my family's budget by $1,000
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
Subscribe to the Week