Results: We asked you to come up with a headline we will NOT see in 2010 and you unfurled:
FIRST PRIZE: Bipartisan Agreement on Budget Windfall
Sherry Roth, Covington, KY
SECOND PRIZE: We Won! Soldiers Coming Home in the Spring
Irene Minerick, Bandon, OR
THIRD PRIZE: Americans Demand Higher Bonuses for AIG Execs
Cathy Curtis, Finksburg, MD
Psychic Wins Lottery Jackpot!
Patrick Seifer, Hamilton, OH
Hollywood Celebs Flock to GOP Senate Fundraiser
S. Grossi, Brooklyn
Tonight Show to Co-Star Leno, O’Brien
Justin Epstein, San Francisco
Osama bin Laden Implores, “Can’t We All Just Get Along?”
Nancy House, Nashville
Jon & Kate Plus Nine!
Michelle Lombardo, Stamford, CT (first of similar entries)
Porn Industry Declares Bankruptcy
Miles Klein, Frisco, TX
Guilt-Wracked Bankers Fund Social Safety Net with Bonuses
Jane Malcolm, Houston
Ahmadinejad Spends Day at Holocaust Museum
Michael Foltz, Tucson, AZ
Wholesome Family Sitcom a Major Ratings Hit
Maureen McKinney, Ivyland, PA
Tiger Woods: “Yep. I’m Gay.”
Mike Murray, Flushing, NY
Fed Recoups TARP Money, Returns to Taxpayers with Interest
Susan MacKenzie, Vienna, VA
Airports Report Decrease in Wait Time
Michael D’Amato, Edison, NJ
Aliens Land, Declare Human Experiment a Huge Success!
Daisy Michael, Westminster, MD
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
Subscribe to the Week