Results: We asked you to come up with a new census category or question that would help to define Americans in a truly revealing way. You queried:
FIRST PRIZE: Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks?
Sara Steinbauer, North Wales, PA
SECOND PRIZE: Do you own a ShamWow?
Steve Kaplan, St. Louis Park, MN
THIRD PRIZE: Which elected official do you most regret voting for?
Bob Linfors, Miami
How would you classify your celebrity status? (Check all that apply):
Sarah Hovis, Rochester Hills, MI
How deep in debt are you?
Ron Munn, Green Valley, AZ
Do you know your neighbor’s name?
Brian Rhoads, West Chester, OH
Are you wider than your flat screen TV?
Justin Oetting, Carlsbad, CA
Can we trick you into checking a box? __YES __NO
Cathy Curtis, Finksburg, MD
How many months ago did your unemployment benefits run out?
Susan Rhoads, West Chester, OH
How many Twitter followers do you have?
Harvey Randall, Schenectady, NY
What was the balance due on your credit card last month?
Roger Cernius, Belen, NM
What reality or game show best describes your current living situation?
Konrad Schwoerke, Chapel Hill, NC
Aruglua or iceberg?
Lisa Katz, Cherry Hill, NJ
Letterman or Leno?
Laura Kudron, Hernando, FL
Walmart or Target?
Pete Caritas, Minneapolis
Curly or Shemp?
Brett Taylor, Harriman, TN
What is your technicity?
-Paper and pencil
Doug Saber, Potsdam, NY
Is your primary residence:
-Also primary vehicle
-Neighbor’s house when neighbor is at work
-Neighbor’s secondary vehicle
-Dry spot under overpass won in a knife fight
Bill Muse, Seattle
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week