"The Hills" TV star, Heidi Montag, 23, made headlines last week by claiming that she underwent 10 plastic surgery procedures in one day. Her latest assertion — that God blessed her by making quality plastic surgery so readily available — has commentators abuzz. (See video of her "Access Hollywood" interview below.) "Weird, I guess that page from the book of Genesis got ripped out of the Bible," Wonderwall's Melissa Hunter quipped. But Zap2it's Elizabeth Snead saw the sunny side of Montag's interview: "You've got to hand it to the girl. There's no end to Heidi's innate powers of rationalization." Watch as Montag calls her day on the operating table — a "near-death" experience — as much of a "spiritual transformation" as it was a "physical transformation."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The keys to succeeding with a job recruiter
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- These real-life Rosie the Riveters changed the face of labor
Subscribe to the Week