"The Hills" TV star, Heidi Montag, 23, made headlines last week by claiming that she underwent 10 plastic surgery procedures in one day. Her latest assertion — that God blessed her by making quality plastic surgery so readily available — has commentators abuzz. (See video of her "Access Hollywood" interview below.) "Weird, I guess that page from the book of Genesis got ripped out of the Bible," Wonderwall's Melissa Hunter quipped. But Zap2it's Elizabeth Snead saw the sunny side of Montag's interview: "You've got to hand it to the girl. There's no end to Heidi's innate powers of rationalization." Watch as Montag calls her day on the operating table — a "near-death" experience — as much of a "spiritual transformation" as it was a "physical transformation."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- The forgotten victims of the war in Ukraine
Subscribe to the Week