"The Hills" TV star, Heidi Montag, 23, made headlines last week by claiming that she underwent 10 plastic surgery procedures in one day. Her latest assertion — that God blessed her by making quality plastic surgery so readily available — has commentators abuzz. (See video of her "Access Hollywood" interview below.) "Weird, I guess that page from the book of Genesis got ripped out of the Bible," Wonderwall's Melissa Hunter quipped. But Zap2it's Elizabeth Snead saw the sunny side of Montag's interview: "You've got to hand it to the girl. There's no end to Heidi's innate powers of rationalization." Watch as Montag calls her day on the operating table — a "near-death" experience — as much of a "spiritual transformation" as it was a "physical transformation."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
- Rise of the machines
- House hunting: 6 stunning historic conversions
Subscribe to the Week