fter an eight year time out from acting, Mel Gibson returns to multiplexes Friday in the revenge movie "Edge of Darkness." (Watch the trailer below.) The Oscar-winning director of "Braveheart" and "Passion of the Christ" was disgraced in 2006 after he blurted out anti-Semitic slurs while being arrested for drunk driving. While some critics say they have no particular desire to see Gibson make a comeback, others are hoping the critically-acclaimed "Edge of Darkness" will heal Gibson's tattered public image. Is Gibson back?
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The Black Death is back
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Watch Fox News' Megyn Kelly claim Santa, like Jesus, is a white guy
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Millennial women have seriously narrowed the wage gap with men
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
Subscribe to the Week