fter an eight year time out from acting, Mel Gibson returns to multiplexes Friday in the revenge movie "Edge of Darkness." (Watch the trailer below.) The Oscar-winning director of "Braveheart" and "Passion of the Christ" was disgraced in 2006 after he blurted out anti-Semitic slurs while being arrested for drunk driving. While some critics say they have no particular desire to see Gibson make a comeback, others are hoping the critically-acclaimed "Edge of Darkness" will heal Gibson's tattered public image. Is Gibson back?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Driverless cars may be an environmental disaster
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
Subscribe to the Week