fter an eight year time out from acting, Mel Gibson returns to multiplexes Friday in the revenge movie "Edge of Darkness." (Watch the trailer below.) The Oscar-winning director of "Braveheart" and "Passion of the Christ" was disgraced in 2006 after he blurted out anti-Semitic slurs while being arrested for drunk driving. While some critics say they have no particular desire to see Gibson make a comeback, others are hoping the critically-acclaimed "Edge of Darkness" will heal Gibson's tattered public image. Is Gibson back?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How Captain America won over China
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
Subscribe to the Week