All was in Haiti, then suddenly I was trapped under the rubble of my house, my friend dead nearby.
Haiti was normal. Then suddenly I was trapped under my collapsed house, a friend dead nearby.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why scientists can't kill HIV
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The crusade against Iraq War supporters has forgotten someone: Hillary Clinton
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Summer movie guide: All the films you should see in August
Subscribe to the Week