All was in Haiti, then suddenly I was trapped under the rubble of my house, my friend dead nearby.
Haiti was normal. Then suddenly I was trapped under my collapsed house, a friend dead nearby.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- Girls on Film: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay isn't an action movie. It's a war movie.
- Uber, and the growing threat of corporate surveillance
Subscribe to the Week