Sandra Bullock's had a odd week. Last Monday, she got hit by a Worst Actress nod from the Golden Raspberry Awards for her work in the flop comedy, "All About Steve." The next day, she received an Academy Award "Best Actress" nomination for her portrayal of "The Blind Side"'s feisty supermom. As unlikely as it sounds, some critics are predicting that Bullock could be crowned both best and worst actress in Hollywood this year. True/Slant's Christopher Roy Correa says her "tart yet vulpine" turn in the otherwise "bogus" "The Blind Side" is indeed Oscar worthy, while Joseph Pedro at Passport Magazine — who was "tortured" by "All About Steve" on a recent flight — says Bullock's "painfully awful" performance led his fellow passengers to stand up and spin around "like restless dogs." Watch Bullock respond to the seemingly contradictory acclaim:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Stop hating on cyclists
- Why America should team up with Bashar al-Assad's regime
Subscribe to the Week