Sandra Bullock's had a odd week. Last Monday, she got hit by a Worst Actress nod from the Golden Raspberry Awards for her work in the flop comedy, "All About Steve." The next day, she received an Academy Award "Best Actress" nomination for her portrayal of "The Blind Side"'s feisty supermom. As unlikely as it sounds, some critics are predicting that Bullock could be crowned both best and worst actress in Hollywood this year. True/Slant's Christopher Roy Correa says her "tart yet vulpine" turn in the otherwise "bogus" "The Blind Side" is indeed Oscar worthy, while Joseph Pedro at Passport Magazine — who was "tortured" by "All About Steve" on a recent flight — says Bullock's "painfully awful" performance led his fellow passengers to stand up and spin around "like restless dogs." Watch Bullock respond to the seemingly contradictory acclaim:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- The keys to succeeding with a job recruiter
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week