isten in as John Hockenberry and Celeste Headlee, co-hosts of "The Takeaway," bring you an audio version of The Week's "Good Week, Bad Week.” You can call in with Good Week, Bad Week nominations of your own at 877-8-MY TAKE, or e-mail them to email@example.com. See more from "The Takeaway."
Good week for:
Punxsutawney Phil, who was pulled out of his burrow on a cold day to look for his shadow, despite pleas by the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals to replace him with a robot. The animal “is being treated better than the average child in Pennsylvania,” said a Punxsutawney Groundhog Club official.
Remakes, after 80 singers, rappers, and movie stars ranging from Barbra Streisand to Snoop Dogg recorded a new version of the 1985 hit “We Are the World” to raise funds for Haiti. “I don’t know how to sing,” rapper Lil Wayne admitted after his solo.
Taylor Swift, who took home four Grammy Awards this week, including Best Country Album and Album of the Year.
Bad week for:
Taylor Swift, who sang off-key while performing on the Grammy show, and then, during a photo shoot, dropped one of her four Grammies, breaking it in pieces.
Going green, after Osama bin Laden officially came out against global warming. In a recording aired by Al-Jazeera, bin Laden says that “all the industrial states are to blame for climate change” and specifically criticizes “George Bush Jr.’s” climate policies.
The really, really lonely, after one house of the Dutch parliament approved a ban on sex between humans and animals. Bestiality is currently legal in the Netherlands, which is the source of 80 percent of bestiality videos on the Internet.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
Subscribe to the Week