hough pop sensation Taylor Swift swept the Grammy awards with four wins, critics savaged her "pitch challenged" live performance (watch it below). "Taylorgate" swung into full force when Swift's manager, Scott Borchetta, issued a statement praising Swift's "emotional" (if not "technical") singing skills – and faulting "American Idol" for perpetuating the notion that singing is all about hitting "high notes." Hours later, "Idol" winner Kelly Clarkson bit back, pointing out that her "high notes" are also "the right notes."
What's the ruckus? Watch the performance that started it all:
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- 6 grammar points to watch out for in Christmas songs
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
- 10 things you need to know today: December 7, 2013
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The hotel of enlightenment
- The week's best photojournalism
Subscribe to the Week