Many women covet Jessica Alba's looks, but none more so that 21-year-old Xiaoqing, a Chinese woman who hopes to lure back a boyfriend by undergoing extensive plastic surgeries to resemble her ex's favorite actress. Though critics say Xiaoqing's plan to Alba-nize herself represents a new "level of humiliation" for women, Alba, herself, has been more even-handed: "I think you should never have to change yourself like that," she said. "If somebody loves you, they'll love you no matter what." See footage of Xiaoqing, Jessica Alba's wannabe doppelganger, here:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- 8 of our favorite ridiculously long German words
Subscribe to the Week