Many women covet Jessica Alba's looks, but none more so that 21-year-old Xiaoqing, a Chinese woman who hopes to lure back a boyfriend by undergoing extensive plastic surgeries to resemble her ex's favorite actress. Though critics say Xiaoqing's plan to Alba-nize herself represents a new "level of humiliation" for women, Alba, herself, has been more even-handed: "I think you should never have to change yourself like that," she said. "If somebody loves you, they'll love you no matter what." See footage of Xiaoqing, Jessica Alba's wannabe doppelganger, here:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- You're reheating pizza wrong
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
Subscribe to the Week