Many women covet Jessica Alba's looks, but none more so that 21-year-old Xiaoqing, a Chinese woman who hopes to lure back a boyfriend by undergoing extensive plastic surgeries to resemble her ex's favorite actress. Though critics say Xiaoqing's plan to Alba-nize herself represents a new "level of humiliation" for women, Alba, herself, has been more even-handed: "I think you should never have to change yourself like that," she said. "If somebody loves you, they'll love you no matter what." See footage of Xiaoqing, Jessica Alba's wannabe doppelganger, here:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 29, 2014
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Paul Ryan's anti-poverty plan is another sign of life in the GOP
Subscribe to the Week