any women covet Jessica Alba's looks, but none more so that 21-year-old Xiaoqing, a Chinese woman who hopes to lure back a boyfriend by undergoing extensive plastic surgeries to resemble her ex's favorite actress. Though critics say Xiaoqing's plan to Alba-nize herself represents a new "level of humiliation" for women, Alba, herself, has been more even-handed: "I think you should never have to change yourself like that," she said. "If somebody loves you, they'll love you no matter what." See footage of Xiaoqing, Jessica Alba's wannabe doppelganger, here:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 19, 2014
- How Captain America won over China
- What The Americans gets wrong about Russian spies
Subscribe to the Week