With U.S. unemployment rates still hovering near 10 percent, 25-year-old Ohioan Jimmy Grey, who's been out of work for almost a year, has used his recent time off to build a 25-by-25-foot igloo — with four rooms, six-foot ceilings, a fireplace and an entertainment room equipped with a flat-screen TV — in his parent's backyard, about 30 miles east of Cleveland. While some commentators praise Grey's creative snow construction, others claim the "man cave" to be simply another example of President Obama's "abject failure" to produce more jobs.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- A linguist's guide to HULK SMASH
Subscribe to the Week