With U.S. unemployment rates still hovering near 10 percent, 25-year-old Ohioan Jimmy Grey, who's been out of work for almost a year, has used his recent time off to build a 25-by-25-foot igloo — with four rooms, six-foot ceilings, a fireplace and an entertainment room equipped with a flat-screen TV — in his parent's backyard, about 30 miles east of Cleveland. While some commentators praise Grey's creative snow construction, others claim the "man cave" to be simply another example of President Obama's "abject failure" to produce more jobs.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Surviving a plane crash
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Confessions of a hotel insider
Subscribe to the Week