With U.S. unemployment rates still hovering near 10 percent, 25-year-old Ohioan Jimmy Grey, who's been out of work for almost a year, has used his recent time off to build a 25-by-25-foot igloo — with four rooms, six-foot ceilings, a fireplace and an entertainment room equipped with a flat-screen TV — in his parent's backyard, about 30 miles east of Cleveland. While some commentators praise Grey's creative snow construction, others claim the "man cave" to be simply another example of President Obama's "abject failure" to produce more jobs.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Dean Koontz's 5 favorite books
Subscribe to the Week