ith U.S. unemployment rates still hovering near 10 percent, 25-year-old Ohioan Jimmy Grey, who's been out of work for almost a year, has used his recent time off to build a 25-by-25-foot igloo — with four rooms, six-foot ceilings, a fireplace and an entertainment room equipped with a flat-screen TV — in his parent's backyard, about 30 miles east of Cleveland. While some commentators praise Grey's creative snow construction, others claim the "man cave" to be simply another example of President Obama's "abject failure" to produce more jobs.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: April 17, 2014
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
Subscribe to the Week