This week’s question: This week’s question: In an attempt to boost viewer interest, The Academy Awards has nominated 10 movies for best picture this year, instead of the usual five. What new award should it add to really get us watching?
How to enter: Submissions should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, address, and daytime telephone number for verification; this week, please type "NEW OSCAR" in the subject line. Entries are due by noon, Eastern Time, Tuesday, Feb. 23. Winners will appear Friday, Feb. 26 on the Puzzle Page of the magazine next week and at theweek.com/contest. In the case of identical or similar entries, the first one received gets credit. Entries submitted as comments on this web page cannot be considered. All entries become property of The Week.
First Prize: One year’s subscription to The Week.
Submissions for “What Next?” are judged by Lenore Skenazy, who also created the contest. She is the author of, "FREE RANGE KIDS: Giving Our Children the Freedom We Had Without Going Nuts With Worry." BUY IT NOW! Also author of the trivia book that puts the fun in short term memory loss: "WHO'S THE BLONDE THAT MARRIED WHAT'S-HIS-NAME?" ORDER IT NOW, TOO! SEND MY KIDS TO COLLEGE!
You can contact her at Lskenazy@yahoo.com
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
Subscribe to the Week