This week’s question: This week’s question: In an attempt to boost viewer interest, The Academy Awards has nominated 10 movies for best picture this year, instead of the usual five. What new award should it add to really get us watching?
How to enter: Submissions should be e-mailed to email@example.com. Please include your name, address, and daytime telephone number for verification; this week, please type "NEW OSCAR" in the subject line. Entries are due by noon, Eastern Time, Tuesday, Feb. 23. Winners will appear Friday, Feb. 26 on the Puzzle Page of the magazine next week and at theweek.com/contest. In the case of identical or similar entries, the first one received gets credit. Entries submitted as comments on this web page cannot be considered. All entries become property of The Week.
First Prize: One year’s subscription to The Week.
Submissions for “What Next?” are judged by Lenore Skenazy, who also created the contest. She is the author of, "FREE RANGE KIDS: Giving Our Children the Freedom We Had Without Going Nuts With Worry." BUY IT NOW! Also author of the trivia book that puts the fun in short term memory loss: "WHO'S THE BLONDE THAT MARRIED WHAT'S-HIS-NAME?" ORDER IT NOW, TOO! SEND MY KIDS TO COLLEGE!
You can contact her at Lskenazy@yahoo.com
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
Subscribe to the Week