This week’s question: This week’s question: In an attempt to boost viewer interest, The Academy Awards has nominated 10 movies for best picture this year, instead of the usual five. What new award should it add to really get us watching?
How to enter: Submissions should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, address, and daytime telephone number for verification; this week, please type "NEW OSCAR" in the subject line. Entries are due by noon, Eastern Time, Tuesday, Feb. 23. Winners will appear Friday, Feb. 26 on the Puzzle Page of the magazine next week and at theweek.com/contest. In the case of identical or similar entries, the first one received gets credit. Entries submitted as comments on this web page cannot be considered. All entries become property of The Week.
First Prize: One year’s subscription to The Week.
Submissions for “What Next?” are judged by Lenore Skenazy, who also created the contest. She is the author of, "FREE RANGE KIDS: Giving Our Children the Freedom We Had Without Going Nuts With Worry." BUY IT NOW! Also author of the trivia book that puts the fun in short term memory loss: "WHO'S THE BLONDE THAT MARRIED WHAT'S-HIS-NAME?" ORDER IT NOW, TOO! SEND MY KIDS TO COLLEGE!
You can contact her at Lskenazy@yahoo.com
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week