This week’s question: This week’s question: In an attempt to boost viewer interest, The Academy Awards has nominated 10 movies for best picture this year, instead of the usual five. What new award should it add to really get us watching?
How to enter: Submissions should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, address, and daytime telephone number for verification; this week, please type "NEW OSCAR" in the subject line. Entries are due by noon, Eastern Time, Tuesday, Feb. 23. Winners will appear Friday, Feb. 26 on the Puzzle Page of the magazine next week and at theweek.com/contest. In the case of identical or similar entries, the first one received gets credit. Entries submitted as comments on this web page cannot be considered. All entries become property of The Week.
First Prize: One year’s subscription to The Week.
Submissions for “What Next?” are judged by Lenore Skenazy, who also created the contest. She is the author of, "FREE RANGE KIDS: Giving Our Children the Freedom We Had Without Going Nuts With Worry." BUY IT NOW! Also author of the trivia book that puts the fun in short term memory loss: "WHO'S THE BLONDE THAT MARRIED WHAT'S-HIS-NAME?" ORDER IT NOW, TOO! SEND MY KIDS TO COLLEGE!
You can contact her at Lskenazy@yahoo.com
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The government is getting into the fact-checking business. Be very, very afraid.
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The world is on fire and neither Democrats or Republicans have a clue
- In defense of Obama's golfing
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- How Democrats might goad the GOP into shutting down the government
- A trick for better lunch sandwiches
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week