irector Kevin Smith rejected apologies from Southwest Airlines after the airline kicked him off a recent Los Angeles–bound flight because the pilot thought Smith was too fat to occupy a single seat. The Clerks director, while admitting he is “portly,” complained that he “passed the stinkin’ armrest-test” and could buckle his seat belt. The airline issued an apology and refunded his fare, but Smith says he won’t be satisfied until Southwest admits that he “wasn’t too fat to fly.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- 10 things you need to know today: March 9, 2014
Subscribe to the Week