irector Kevin Smith rejected apologies from Southwest Airlines after the airline kicked him off a recent Los Angeles–bound flight because the pilot thought Smith was too fat to occupy a single seat. The Clerks director, while admitting he is “portly,” complained that he “passed the stinkin’ armrest-test” and could buckle his seat belt. The airline issued an apology and refunded his fare, but Smith says he won’t be satisfied until Southwest admits that he “wasn’t too fat to fly.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 16, 2014
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Can these 4 couples really afford their dream houses?
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- The contentious policy at the heart of Cliven Bundy's armed standoff with the government
Subscribe to the Week