Director Kevin Smith rejected apologies from Southwest Airlines after the airline kicked him off a recent Los Angeles–bound flight because the pilot thought Smith was too fat to occupy a single seat. The Clerks director, while admitting he is “portly,” complained that he “passed the stinkin’ armrest-test” and could buckle his seat belt. The airline issued an apology and refunded his fare, but Smith says he won’t be satisfied until Southwest admits that he “wasn’t too fat to fly.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
Subscribe to the Week