Woman sues hospital for giving her wrong baby to breast-feed
An Illinois woman is suing a hospital for giving her the wrong baby to breast-feed. Jennifer Spiegel, 33, says a nurse handed her a child at 4 a.m. and told her, “Your baby wants you.” While she was breast-feeding, another nurse said, “The baby you’re feeding isn’t yours.” Spiegel says this mistake gave her “an awful, internal feeling,” which is why she’s seeking $30,000.
TSA forces disabled 4-year-old to remove his leg braces
The Transportation Security Administration has apologized to a 4-year-old disabled boy who was ordered to remove his leg braces to pass through a Philadelphia airport metal detector. Bob Thomas explained that his son, Ryan, could barely walk without the braces, and pointed out that the child was an unlikely terrorist. “You know why we’re doing this,” a TSA screener responded.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week