Woman sues hospital for giving her wrong baby to breast-feed
An Illinois woman is suing a hospital for giving her the wrong baby to breast-feed. Jennifer Spiegel, 33, says a nurse handed her a child at 4 a.m. and told her, “Your baby wants you.” While she was breast-feeding, another nurse said, “The baby you’re feeding isn’t yours.” Spiegel says this mistake gave her “an awful, internal feeling,” which is why she’s seeking $30,000.
TSA forces disabled 4-year-old to remove his leg braces
The Transportation Security Administration has apologized to a 4-year-old disabled boy who was ordered to remove his leg braces to pass through a Philadelphia airport metal detector. Bob Thomas explained that his son, Ryan, could barely walk without the braces, and pointed out that the child was an unlikely terrorist. “You know why we’re doing this,” a TSA screener responded.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- How Captain America won over China
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- 3 ways elephants and neuroscience can help you make better decisions
Subscribe to the Week