Woman sues hospital for giving her wrong baby to breast-feed
An Illinois woman is suing a hospital for giving her the wrong baby to breast-feed. Jennifer Spiegel, 33, says a nurse handed her a child at 4 a.m. and told her, “Your baby wants you.” While she was breast-feeding, another nurse said, “The baby you’re feeding isn’t yours.” Spiegel says this mistake gave her “an awful, internal feeling,” which is why she’s seeking $30,000.
TSA forces disabled 4-year-old to remove his leg braces
The Transportation Security Administration has apologized to a 4-year-old disabled boy who was ordered to remove his leg braces to pass through a Philadelphia airport metal detector. Bob Thomas explained that his son, Ryan, could barely walk without the braces, and pointed out that the child was an unlikely terrorist. “You know why we’re doing this,” a TSA screener responded.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
Subscribe to the Week