Woman sues hospital for giving her wrong baby to breast-feed
An Illinois woman is suing a hospital for giving her the wrong baby to breast-feed. Jennifer Spiegel, 33, says a nurse handed her a child at 4 a.m. and told her, “Your baby wants you.” While she was breast-feeding, another nurse said, “The baby you’re feeding isn’t yours.” Spiegel says this mistake gave her “an awful, internal feeling,” which is why she’s seeking $30,000.
TSA forces disabled 4-year-old to remove his leg braces
The Transportation Security Administration has apologized to a 4-year-old disabled boy who was ordered to remove his leg braces to pass through a Philadelphia airport metal detector. Bob Thomas explained that his son, Ryan, could barely walk without the braces, and pointed out that the child was an unlikely terrorist. “You know why we’re doing this,” a TSA screener responded.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
Subscribe to the Week