ood day for: Classy farewells, as Alex, a famous African Grey parrot that knew 150 words, along with his shapes and colors, died this week. He was 31. Alex’s last words as a Harvard researcher put him into his cage the night he died were, “You be good, see you tomorrow. I love you.” (The New York Times, free registration required)
Bad day for: Hillary Clinton’s treasurer, as the senator and former first lady’s campaign announced Monday it was returning $850,000 in donations from disgraced Democratic donor Norman Hsu. At first, Sen. Clinton’s campaign estimated the amount Hsu had given Clinton’s senatorial and presidential campaigns, and her political action committee, at just $23,000. (AP on AOL News)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week