ood day for: Classy farewells, as Alex, a famous African Grey parrot that knew 150 words, along with his shapes and colors, died this week. He was 31. Alex’s last words as a Harvard researcher put him into his cage the night he died were, “You be good, see you tomorrow. I love you.” (The New York Times, free registration required)
Bad day for: Hillary Clinton’s treasurer, as the senator and former first lady’s campaign announced Monday it was returning $850,000 in donations from disgraced Democratic donor Norman Hsu. At first, Sen. Clinton’s campaign estimated the amount Hsu had given Clinton’s senatorial and presidential campaigns, and her political action committee, at just $23,000. (AP on AOL News)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
Subscribe to the Week