People searching for aviator Steve Fossett have found the wreckage of dozens of airplaines—but no sign of Fossett. There are only 129 known crash sites in Nevada, but more than 300 small planes have disappeared in the state in the last 50 years. (The Guardian)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- 4 strategies for organizing your money, based on your personality
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The week's best editorial cartoons
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
Subscribe to the Week