People searching for aviator Steve Fossett have found the wreckage of dozens of airplaines—but no sign of Fossett. There are only 129 known crash sites in Nevada, but more than 300 small planes have disappeared in the state in the last 50 years. (The Guardian)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week