Good day, Bad day
Office morale, voyeurs
Good day for: Office morale, as the governor of Russia’s Ulyanovsk province urged couples to skip work today and make love -- to help boost the country’s falling birth rate. (Reuters)
Bad day for: Voyeurs, as Canada’s privacy commissioner has written Google saying the street-level pictures available on the Internet giant’s new Street View service pose a serious threat to personal privacy. The service is only available in the U.S., but Google says it hopes to expand it fast. (National Post)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- When will the Big One strike California?
- The Democrats have a mega-donor problem
Subscribe to the Week