Good day, Bad day
Office morale, voyeurs
Good day for: Office morale, as the governor of Russia’s Ulyanovsk province urged couples to skip work today and make love -- to help boost the country’s falling birth rate. (Reuters)
Bad day for: Voyeurs, as Canada’s privacy commissioner has written Google saying the street-level pictures available on the Internet giant’s new Street View service pose a serious threat to personal privacy. The service is only available in the U.S., but Google says it hopes to expand it fast. (National Post)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
Subscribe to the Week