The Bottom Line
Bank of America has raised the ATM fee it charges other banksâ€™ customers to $3, up from $2 per withdrawal.
Bank of America has raised the ATM fee it charges other banks’ customers to $3, up from $2 per withdrawal. “Banks often move like a school of fish on punitive charges such as ATM surcharges and credit card late fees,” said analyst Greg McBride of Bankrate.com, “so it's just a matter of time before others follow suit.” (USA Today)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 10 things you need to know today: November 26, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week