The Bottom Line
Bank of America has raised the ATM fee it charges other banksâ€™ customers to $3, up from $2 per withdrawal.
Bank of America has raised the ATM fee it charges other banks’ customers to $3, up from $2 per withdrawal. “Banks often move like a school of fish on punitive charges such as ATM surcharges and credit card late fees,” said analyst Greg McBride of Bankrate.com, “so it's just a matter of time before others follow suit.” (USA Today)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- 10 things you need to know today: November 23, 2014
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
Subscribe to the Week