The Bottom Line
Bank of America has raised the ATM fee it charges other banksâ€™ customers to $3, up from $2 per withdrawal.
Bank of America has raised the ATM fee it charges other banks’ customers to $3, up from $2 per withdrawal. “Banks often move like a school of fish on punitive charges such as ATM surcharges and credit card late fees,” said analyst Greg McBride of Bankrate.com, “so it's just a matter of time before others follow suit.” (USA Today)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 10 burning questions you've always wanted to ask about investing
- 10 things you need to know today: July 22, 2014
- How to pack a jar salad
Subscribe to the Week