The Bottom Line
Bank of America has raised the ATM fee it charges other banksâ€™ customers to $3, up from $2 per withdrawal.
Bank of America has raised the ATM fee it charges other banks’ customers to $3, up from $2 per withdrawal. “Banks often move like a school of fish on punitive charges such as ATM surcharges and credit card late fees,” said analyst Greg McBride of Bankrate.com, “so it's just a matter of time before others follow suit.” (USA Today)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Can business succeed where the embargo failed in Cuba?
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
Subscribe to the Week