The Bottom Line
Bank of America has raised the ATM fee it charges other banks’ customers to $3, up from $2 per withdrawal.
Bank of America has raised the ATM fee it charges other banks’ customers to $3, up from $2 per withdrawal. “Banks often move like a school of fish on punitive charges such as ATM surcharges and credit card late fees,” said analyst Greg McBride of Bankrate.com, “so it's just a matter of time before others follow suit.” (USA Today)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- How to take the perfect profile picture for online dating, according to science
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- The one simple thing that can make you much more impressive
- The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi dismantles another ObamaCare myth
Subscribe to the Week