The Bottom Line
The housing slump and credit crunch have pushed consumer confidence down sharply since August.
The housing slump and credit crunch have pushed consumer confidence down sharply since August to a 1 1/2-year low, according to the RBC Cash Index. “Consumers are rattled to the bone,” said economist Richard Yamarone of Argus Research. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why we need a maximum wage
Subscribe to the Week