The Bottom Line
The housing slump and credit crunch have pushed consumer confidence down sharply since August.
The housing slump and credit crunch have pushed consumer confidence down sharply since August to a 1 1/2-year low, according to the RBC Cash Index. “Consumers are rattled to the bone,” said economist Richard Yamarone of Argus Research. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: April 18, 2014
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- How moderns celebrate Good Friday and Easter
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
Subscribe to the Week