The Bottom Line
The housing slump and credit crunch have pushed consumer confidence down sharply since August.
The housing slump and credit crunch have pushed consumer confidence down sharply since August to a 1 1/2-year low, according to the RBC Cash Index. “Consumers are rattled to the bone,” said economist Richard Yamarone of Argus Research. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 10 things you need to know today: August 22, 2014
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- What's wrong with Europe’s economy?
Subscribe to the Week