The Bottom Line
The housing slump and credit crunch have pushed consumer confidence down sharply since August.
The housing slump and credit crunch have pushed consumer confidence down sharply since August to a 1 1/2-year low, according to the RBC Cash Index. “Consumers are rattled to the bone,” said economist Richard Yamarone of Argus Research. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The militarization of America’s police
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- How to flirt, according to science
Subscribe to the Week