The Bottom Line
The housing slump and credit crunch have pushed consumer confidence down sharply since August.
The housing slump and credit crunch have pushed consumer confidence down sharply since August to a 1 1/2-year low, according to the RBC Cash Index. “Consumers are rattled to the bone,” said economist Richard Yamarone of Argus Research. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
Subscribe to the Week