GOOD WEEK FOR: Cheap thrills, with the launch, by the British division of the dime-store chain Woolworth's, of a budget line of Champagne called Worthit! Sporting "a fresh and balanced character of fruit and cream," the French-made wine will lighten the pockets of oenophiles by a mere 5 pounds (about $10) a bottle.
BAD WEEK FOR: Alumni relations, after American University's newsletter congratulated graduates and "life partners" Ross Weil, 29, and Brett Royce, 28, for getting married in Massachusetts. The two former roommates say they are neither married nor gay, and are suing.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- These 5 things will definitely happen after Obama moves on immigration
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- On immigration, Obama is flirting with tyranny
- Hillary Clinton needs to win big in 2016. Here's how she can do it.
- Why are newspaper comics so terrible?
- How to rescue the American family and fix the broken school system in one fell swoop
- The GOP's best response to Obama's immigration move: Toothless griping
Subscribe to the Week