f you want to win that stuffed animal, you’d better know what you’re getting into.
The balloon pop seems easy. A dart should instantly puncture a balloon pinned to the wall. To counteract dull darts and underinflated balloons, however, you’ll need to arc the dart upward slightly so it comes down at a 45-degree angle.
The balloon race, “where you shoot a stream of water into the clown’s mouth” in order to fill a balloon to bursting before the timer runs out, rewards stubbornness. The game mostly comes down to aim, but it helps to have a gun with high water pressure. Watch a few other contestants before taking your turn, “as carnival owners aren’t known for maintaining their game equipment.”
The ringtoss, which requires you to throw a tiny plastic ring over the neck of a milk bottle, is strictly for suckers, with odds against winning as much as 600-to-1. Try throwing sideways, “as if skimming a rock across a lake.” If that doesn’t work, “try praying.”
Source: Baltimore Sun
- How advertisers use sex to sell products to women
- Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson insulted African-Americans, too
- The way Hillary can win in 2016
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- 9 last-minute gifts that we actually want
- 6 Christmas gifts for those who have everything
- Will Democrats clean up in 2014 gubernatorial races?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Have banking and law careers gone out of style?
Subscribe to the Week